For their first release of 2018 London-imprint Inside Out Records welcomes Thodoris Triantafillou to the label. Thodoris needs little introduction, as he has been making heads turn in the industry for the last decade with his inventive, avant-garde music.
Suada is a very personal record to the Athenian, having his wife’s name on the title track and one of his daughter’s school paintings as the artwork, for this hauntingly beautiful record. Both Suada and Morocco showcase curiosity and originality, emphasizing the anything-goes and free form of underground music when it’s done properly.
Thodoris Triantafillou marries elements of disco, house, funk along with ethnic and techno strokes, in a record that we dare say can be timeless.
Olga Kouklaki’s new “Oxytocin” EP is out now via Kwaidan / !K7, featuring two brand new tracks with amazing remixes by Uppermost, Thodoris Triantafillou & Cj Jeff. Get it here.
OXYTOCIN, A TRIPTYCH EP
– INSTINCTIVE: After an electro-pop second album, Olga returnes to her first aspirations: an electronic music instinctively more housy, more deep and for clubs. Four years later, the Greek producer starts this intuitive return to the roots and comes back with a new EP, filled with a bigger desire.
– ORGANIC: Avid to produce a spontaneous music, close to natural and to real-life, Olga choices of keys and sounds are translating, above all else, feelings and emotions.. Texts and lyrics are considered as independant arrangements which amplifying this desire to create a fluctuating, smooth and organic music.
– BIOLOGIC: The sound sensations are led by wooly textures, swinging bass lines and amplified rhythmic top lines. This primitive yearning to realize authentic tracks proves that Olga tends to convey a lively and biological sensitivity
– Olga works on the preparation of a brand new album of which the EP Oxytocin give us a promising foretaste!
30. Thodoris Triantafillou – Trilogy
29. George FitzGerald – Fading Love
28. Coma – This Side Of Paradise
27. Fritz Kalkbrenner – Ways Over Water
26. 2econd Class Citizen – A Hall of Mirrors
25. Maya Jane Coles’ Nocturnal Sunshine
24. Lauer – Borndom
23. Lane 8 – Rise
22. Jori Hulkkonen – Oh But I Am
21. Leftfield – Alternative Light Source
The work titled, “Trilogy”, will aptly see a three part release across a series of LPs, ‘Chapter I’ commencing with a dreamy, welcoming collection of Triantafillou’s body of work.
A cosmic awakening driven by enticing guitar flecks and detailed synth lines welcomes us into the record and sets the scene for what is to follow. Flowing from one balearic riff to the next, “Trilogy” seduces the aural senses with intricate production, and works its way around alluring vocal guests. Like a sunset over water, the transition between titles on “Trilogy” is seemless with tracks flowing effortlessly into one another. The composition of vocal and instrumental work paints a musical framework of divine topography undoubtedly influenced by the picturesque surroundings of Triantafillou’s hometown.
The warmth of “Trilogy” heats as the record progresses, and Thodoris recruits his seasoned taste of stabbing kicks, and up-beat synth lines to move towards a disco driven elation during the mid-section of the record. Drawing in a familiar classic electronic sample, Thodoris breaks up the record and draws the listener back to a very human state of mind, washed with keys to move the hardiest and emote us through a selection of haunting synthesizers.
An artist committed to expressing passion and the inner being through music, ‘Chapter I’ of “Trilogy” stands testament to what has inspired the brains behind the creator. Though born and bred a Greek, this album draws in influences from much further afield with essences levered from far-east karma, soft balaeric freeze frames and of course captures the identity built through cultural surroundings.
With ‘Chapter II’ comingin the Spring of 2015, this collection hopefully leaves you utterly satisfied, whilst eager to further the “Trilogy” experience.
Stream “The Man Inside You” feat. Nomi Ruiz, below. Out on January 15th 2015.