Du Tonc – Mixtape 4
After spending the best part of 2014 writing and rehearsing, Du Tonc (aka Matt Van Schie of Van She fame & Mighty Mouse) return with the 4th installement of their mixtape series and announce a new single for January 2015.
This heady disco tinged partnership came about during a chance encounter in the basement of the smoky Parisian Social Club where both were playing back in 2010 and as they say, the rest as they say is history.
They burst onto the scene with the now classic Darkness which has since gone on to amass over 800,000 plays on soundcloud. They followed with the infectious Surging Memories, Rise and Island and then a cover of Bruce Springstein’s I’m On Fire. Setting the blogosphere alight all songs have featured in the top 10 of the Hype Machine and they’ve gained admirers in The Magician, Mark Ronson, Flight Facilities, Digitalism, Horsemeat Disco, Tensnake, Nick Warren and many more.
Their debut DJ tour saw them play to sell out crowds in New York, Los Angeles, Mexico City, London and Paris. Live tour dates will be announced for 2015 shortly.
Now with an armery of new material, Du Tonc return to take centre stage once again in 2015.
1. Soulphiction – Ann Arbor (Original Mix)
2. Touch Sensitive – Teen Idols
3. Danique Distored Beauty – Scream (Gabriel Ananda Remix)
4. Maya Jane COles – From The Dark feat. Moggli (Original Mix)
5. Guy J – Once In A Blue Moon (Original Mix)
6. Gardens Of God – Fiddler (Original Mix)
7. Der Dritte Raum – Hale Bopp (Der Dritte Raum Ison Adaptation)
8. Royksopp – Sordid Affair (Maceo Plex Remix)
9. Juan Mclean – A Simple Design (Deetron Remix)
10. Mad8 – I Keep Dancing (Dino Da Cassino Remix)
11. Public District – Kaos In The House (Original Mix)
12. Mory Kante – Yeke Yeke (Afro Acid Mix)
13. Audion – Dem Howl feat. Troels Abrahamsen (Joris Voorn Remix)
14. Raudive – Kings & Queens (Original Mix)
15. Eric Volta – Rez Shifter (Maceo Plex Remix)
16. Sisterhood – Tunnels (Bicep Remix)
17. Sparky – Portland (Extended Version)
18. Fatima Yamaha – What’s A Girl To Do